1. Choose nonfat milk rather than whole milk.
2. Have diet soda instead of regular soda to save the sugary calories. Or start with half regular and half diet for a lower-calorie treat.
3. Grab the granola bar from the vending machine instead of the fudge brownie.
4. Order thin crust instead of thick crust pizza.
5. Use mustard or low-fat mayonnaise on your sandwich rather than regular mayonnaise.
6. When eating out, order smaller portions from the a la carte menu.
7. Select an appetizer as your main entrée.
8. For that chocolate craving, choose the snack the snack-size bar rather than the regular size bar.
9. Bake, rather than fry, your French fries.
10. Remove the skin from chicken pieces.
11. Replace 8 ounces of fruit juice or soda with water.
12. Ask for salad instead of fries as a side dish.
13. Choose fruit or vegetables over higher-calorie snacks such as cookies or chips.
14. At a fast-food restaurant, pick a small beverage instead of medium or large.
15. Ask for a take-home container and have the other half of you meal tomorrow.
16. Instead of 2 alcoholic beverages, have 1 and a glass of water.
17. Leave 3-4 bites of food on your plate at each meal.
18. Drink 1 less can of soda a day.
19. Eat half a sandwich at lunch and save the other half for dinner with a salad.
20. Ask for salad dressing on the side rather than on your salad.
Source: Texas on the Move